Sunday, May 23, 2010

Make Today a Beautiful Day

Early one morning, Lydia grabbed my camera and was out the door.  Later when she showed me some of her amazing photos...I realized that I was quickly being replaced as the family photographer!!

I thought not just about her beautiful photography, but the beauty of the flowers.  The dandelion, crab apple, apple, cherry, violet, different bulbs, azalea, rhododendron, lilac, and so many more flowers are in bloom or have just bloomed.  Our land has just been
so beautiful this spring. We are so blessed to be able to enjoy this God given beauty. But how so very
quickly the flowers fad and the only thing left are the pictures both on the computer and in our minds.  This reminds me of life... we have it but such a short time. Each day is passing(fading) by. What will I do with it?  It is today that God has given to me.  Let me see the beauty of every day life...where the Lord has put me.
  "The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand forever."  Isaiah 40:8

1 comment:

  1. Good Morning, Mandy,
    What a wonderful post...and so true. How often we just go on day by day, dealing with "life" and don't really stop to think that this is all so temporary and fleeting, and unimportant. Thank you for reminding us that we do need to see God's hand in everything...and that we need to focus on why we are here...to glorify Him.
    God bless,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I enjoy reading what my readers think of my blog, so please comment. However,please season your words with Grace. The purpose of this blog is to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ, so comment accordingly.
You are welcome to comment as an anonymous user, however I would request that you include your name, as all unidentified comments will be deleted.
Thanks for commenting!