Saturday, January 8, 2011

Love your Neighbor

I have been collecting snowmen over the years.  I have felted ones, hand painted ones, ceramic ones, cloth ones, small ones, large ones, inside ones, and outside on the deck ones..I have LOTS of snowmen!  Each year the girls try to build me a really nice REAL snowman outside. Each year they seem to have built them bigger and better!  Even others passing on our road have commented how wonderful they are!  They enjoying doing this...but they like to do it for their mom!
This year we have not had a real snowman(yet)...snow too dry...not enough wet snow.
I was out running errands the other day when the temperatures were in the low forty's, just high enough to be able to pack a good snowball!
Later after I had arrive home and began cooking dinner...I opened the freezer door and behold...
Three little snowmen  created by a 12 year old daughter who wanted to surprise me with real snowmen!  


Just lately I have been emphasizing to the girls  the importance of loving our neighbors.  The question I always ask is "Who is our neighbor?" We may not even know our neighbor, but we need to be ready to serve when we have opportunity -- looking for ways we can bless others.  
I was Keziah's neighbor that day...I was the one being blessed!

 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.
 Matthew 22:37-40

3 comments:

  1. Oh, Mandy, I can imagine that your eyes must have filled up with tears when you saw this example of love...such a sweet thought from such a sweet girl!

    Blessings,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keziah is such a blessing. She always is finding little things to do to bless me. And this is a real blessing to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my Mandy, that was such a sweet surprise...and she remembered and put it into action - just precious!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I enjoy reading what my readers think of my blog, so please comment. However,please season your words with Grace. The purpose of this blog is to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ, so comment accordingly.
You are welcome to comment as an anonymous user, however I would request that you include your name, as all unidentified comments will be deleted.
Thanks for commenting!