Saturday, January 29, 2011

A Short Friendship Poem


Faithful Friend 


I want a warm and faithful friend, 
To cheer the adverse hour;
Who ne'er to flatter will descend, 
Nor bend the knee to power, - 
A friend to chide me when I'm wrong
My inmost soul to see;
And that my friendship prove as strong
For him as his for me. 

Poet - John Quincy Adams

John Quincy Adams, once wrote, "Could I have chosen my own genius and condition, I would have made myself a great poet."
 Although literary fame would escape the sixth president of the United States, throughout his life he was a serious reader and writer of poetry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! I enjoy reading what my readers think of my blog, so please comment. However,please season your words with Grace. The purpose of this blog is to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ, so comment accordingly.
You are welcome to comment as an anonymous user, however I would request that you include your name, as all unidentified comments will be deleted.
Thanks for commenting!