Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Thanksgiving Turkey

the old fashioned way of getting our bird.
Choosing a Tom from the flock was a real adventure. 
 Some of these birds weighed 30 pounds.
I only needed a 24 pounder
Yes, this is the right size.
We took three. One for now and two for later...they are waiting.
Dipping in hot water, then in the spinner to remove the feathers.
Butchering them just right.
Almost ready for our 
Thanksgiving Dinner.
With all our company and all the excitement on Thanksgiving Day...we fail to take a picture of our roasted turkey...so I found one on public domain similar to ours.


2 comments:

  1. So, are you or are not going to post how many times you edited this post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanksgiving was good this year. I hope and pray that every year it is better than the last...and I have to say, I'm glad I didn't go with you to see the butchering of the turkeys. =)

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I enjoy reading what my readers think of my blog, so please comment. However,please season your words with Grace. The purpose of this blog is to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ, so comment accordingly.
You are welcome to comment as an anonymous user, however I would request that you include your name, as all unidentified comments will be deleted.
Thanks for commenting!