Friday, May 10, 2013

Lilacs

New Hampshire State Flower
We have many lilac bushes.
Each year I look forward to their blooms.
Not only are they the state flower,
but they always bloom the same week each year!
This year I they were off to a very slow.
Possibly they would not open in time.

Wednesday I saw one small bloom open.
Thursday just one or two more.
This morning the blooms are really blossoming out.
In two more days the sweet fragrance of these much
 loved flowers with scent our home.
Each year during the week of Mother's Day these flowers bloom.
When I see the blossoms, I know that Mother's Day is near!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! I enjoy reading what my readers think of my blog, so please comment. However,please season your words with Grace. The purpose of this blog is to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ, so comment accordingly.
You are welcome to comment as an anonymous user, however I would request that you include your name, as all unidentified comments will be deleted.
Thanks for commenting!