Saturday, May 29, 2010

TRUST

Many years ago when I was in my late teens, my mom sent this poem to me on a card.  I have always enjoyed poems and often would write one or two here and there.  I have kept the poem card in my Bible for nearly 33years.  Still, I really did not  understand this poem. Well, I could understand the words and general meaning ...but not really the depths of the poem.  And I still am not sure I fully 'trust' so that I do not fret and worry.
But when cleaning out my Bible cover today, I found the poem.  And the words seem finally to take on the meaning the author meant for them to have.  As the Lord takes us through trials, our eyes open up to see --what was already there.  I still would like to see ahead--to know that all will be right, to know that the Lord did change a heart -- but He has all things in His hands under His control, and in His timing.  -- I must Trust the All Powerful for all of life.

Trust
I oft' times think I'd like to see
beyond my limits view.
I'd like to know the wondrous things
my gracious Lord will do.
But if I understood and saw
As God sees from above,
I'd lose the privilege and the joy
Trusting in His Love.  -- Ruth Narramore

1 comment:

  1. Dear Mandy,
    This is such a wonderful poem...and what a beautiful message to those who know of Christ's love. I find that because I'm a mother, I want to know what is in store for my sons...I'm sure you feel the same way. We have a natural instict to want to protect them from any harm. Trusting Him is so important...He holds it all in the palm of His hands.
    Have a blessed day,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I enjoy reading what my readers think of my blog, so please comment. However,please season your words with Grace. The purpose of this blog is to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ, so comment accordingly.
You are welcome to comment as an anonymous user, however I would request that you include your name, as all unidentified comments will be deleted.
Thanks for commenting!