Saturday, January 15, 2011

Let it Snow!

Inside I have plenty of snowmen decorating our house...they can be warm without melting!

We sit out bowl out to collect a bit of snow for Snow Cream! Hmmm...(can you see the bowl under all the snow?)
Snow Cream
A bowl of Clean fresh snow
Whipping cream --whipped till just thickened
Sweetner: We use Maple syrup or Agava, you could use sugar
vanilla
Mix all together in the big bowl, serve in smaller bowls, then
Enjoy!

Our driveway after the plow came and we shoveled on the sides. 
 Isn't it beautiful. 
 Lord God said 
  While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease. Genesis 8:22
Since winter shall not cease...it might as well be beautiful!  Thank you Lord!

6 comments:

  1. This is just delicious! I have read about this treat but have yet to try it...by the time I go out, it is already a bit dirty :(

    blessings....M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Mandy,
    Oh, my, you really did get a lot of snow! I'm so glad that you included your "snow treat" recipe...I remember you posting a picture of it last winter and I was curious as to the ingredients. We will definitely have to give it a try!

    Stay warm!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your new background! Funny how it happens to be purple...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rebecca, I'm not quite sure why you think it "funny"! Smile

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maria..I am so sorry you have a lack of fresh "white" snow. It does have to be clean to be appealing to the family! We always make Snow Cream with fresh fallen snow! This has been a tradition for many years now. See the parents (Steve and Me) are from Florida...even though we have been in New Hampshire for 25 years...the snow fall seems exciting each time...so we celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Laura,
    I do recommend you try this, although it looks like the storm this week will bring us more ice than snow...I don't care for the ice at all...but with winter comes ice. I think we will have to purpose to spend time outside Monday before the storm on Tues. I did look at the weather forecast and it doesn't look like you will get ice...we will have to compare data later!
    I hope you had a wonderful Lord's Day!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I enjoy reading what my readers think of my blog, so please comment. However,please season your words with Grace. The purpose of this blog is to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ, so comment accordingly.
You are welcome to comment as an anonymous user, however I would request that you include your name, as all unidentified comments will be deleted.
Thanks for commenting!