- 1 Cup of Cheap flour ( all purpose)
- 2 Tablespoons of cream of tartar
- 1/4 Cup of salt
- 1 Cup of warm water
- 1 Tablespoon of oil
- food coloring
- Mix the flour, salt, and cream of tartar in a medium-sized pot.
- Add the water, food coloring, and oil.
- Stir over medium heat for 3-5 minutes. Don't worry if the mixture looks like a lumpy mess; it's turning into dough!
- When the mixture forms into a ball in the center of the pot, turn the burner off and dump the very warm dough onto a lightly floured surface.
- Knead while still very warm until nice and smooth.
- With finger press an indention into the center and add a few drops of essential oils or food flavorings...continue to knead in.
- It's time to play!
- When not being used store in a Ziploc bag.
Thanks to Keziah for these directions and pictures!