Keziah is cooking up something yummy in the kitchen
1. 1 cup of almond butter (or peanut butter)
2. 1/3 cups of honey
3. 2 teaspoons of carob powder (or unsweetened organic cocoa powder)
4. ½ cups of raisins
5. ¾ cups of unsweetened, shredded coconut, divided
6. ½ cups of semisweet chocolate chips(gluten-free, if it is desired)
7. ¼ cups of sesame seeds
8. ¼ cups of finely chopped walnuts (or any other nut)
Before measuring the almond butter (or peanut butter), stir it well. Mix the almond butter, honey, and carob powder until well combined. Stir in the raisins and 2 T* of the coconut. Stir in the chocolate chips. Freeze for 30 min. or refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
Place the remaining coconut, sesame seeds, and nuts into 3 separate bowls. Scoop small globs out of the dough and form them into good bite-sized balls. Roll in coconut, sesame seeds, and chopped walnuts. Place balls on a pan. Cover and then put in a cool place for at least 30 min. These freeze well.